(Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Ireland on Sun May 11, 2014 11:20 am

Preamble: We the Nations of the World Alliance will not stand for piracy and all crimes of theft, murder, and mutiny on the international seas.
 
Section 1:Definition of Piracy
Clause 1: The WA legally defines piracy as, "the blatant and illegal taking of goods, persons, property, or vessels on the international seas."
 
Section 2: Piracy during Peace Time
1. Piracy is and always will be immoral, cowardly, and illegal in the World Alliance
2. Piracy committed by Para Military Organizations upon public or private property is reprehensible and will be illegal in the World Alliance.
3. Piracy committed by another nation towards public or private property is illegal
4. Piracy should never be tolerated in the civilized world
 
Section 3: Punishment
1. If persons of a para military or private organization is found guilty of piracy and are caught by a sovereign nation they will be held accountable within the law of that nation.
2. If persons of a para military or private organization is found guilty of piracy and are caught by a organization that is directly under the control of the WA Council or WA Parliament they will face sentencing by the Court of Justice
3.If a nation is found guilty of piracy in a time of peace it will be subjected to sentencing by the Court of Justice
 
Section 4: Enforcement
1. With piracy on the rise the WA Parliament asks the nations of the World Alliance to enforce these laws.

2. The Parliament also asks multi national organizations like the WADJS to patrol and enforce the rule of law on the seas.

Originally Authored by The Empire of Great Eurussia
Edited and reintroduced by: The Empire of Ireland


Last edited by Great Empire of Ireland on Sun May 11, 2014 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ireland
Recognized Power

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 17
Location : Macon, Georgia, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Official Debate

Post  Kaevi on Sun May 11, 2014 11:34 am

The first official debate term has begun, with an expiration at 00:00 GMT on May 14, 2014.
Parliament members are discouraged to voice their final vote during a debate term.

Once the debate period expires, the voting period will start immediately at 00:00 GMT on May 14, 2014. The voting period will last three days, as required by Article V of the latest World Alliance Constitution. This period will end on May 17, 2014 at 00:00 GMT.

A debate term may be renewed twice by one of two options: three parliament member requests along with approval from the Speaker or seven parliament member requests with approval from the President.

The Speaker reserves the right to dismiss any proposal deemed "not interesting" by the parliament by asking the parliament for a dismissal. This period may last 24 hours and if no parliament member objects, the proposal may be removed from the floor.
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Great Eurussia on Sun May 11, 2014 11:55 am

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:Preamble: We the Nations of the World Alliance will not stand for piracy and all crimes of theft, murder, and mutiny on the high seas.
 
Section 1:Definition of Piracy
Clause 1: The WA legally defines piracy as, "the blatant and illegal taking of goods, persons, property, or vessels on the high seas."
 
Section 2: Piracy during Peace Time
1. Piracy is and always will be immoral, cowardly, and illegal in the World Alliance
2. Piracy committed by Para Military Organizations upon public or private property is reprehensible and will be illegal in the World Alliance.
3. Piracy committed by another nation towards public or private property is illegal
4. Piracy should never be tolerated in the civilized world
 
Section 3: Punishment
1. If persons of a para military or private organization is found guilty of piracy and are caught by a sovereign nation they will be held accountable within the law of that nation.
2. If persons of a para military or private organization is found guilty of piracy and are caught by a organization that is directly under the control of the WA Council or WA Parliament they will face sentencing by the Court of Justice
3.If a nation is found guilty of piracy in a time of peace it will be subjected to sentencing by the Court of Justice
 
Section 4: Enforcement
1. With piracy on the rise the WA Parliament asks the nations of the World Alliance to enforce these laws.

2. The Parliament also asks multi national organizations like the WAPF and the IFTA to patrol and enforce the rule of law on the seas.

Originally Authored by The Empire of Great Eurussia
Edited and reintroduced by: The Empire of Ireland

Did Eurussia really originally authored this? Anyways we propose the following amendments to the author:
1) All words "high seas" shall be replaced with the word "international seas" as it has been defined properly under the WA Territorial Waters Act.
2) We also move to remove the WAPF (obsolete) and IFTA from the authorized enforcers of the law and leave the responsibility to the new WADSJ.
3) Also, we move to change the title of the proposal into "WA Anti-Piracy Act" to show the purpose of the law.
If these are addressed, Eurussia will support the proposal.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Ireland on Sun May 11, 2014 11:59 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Great Empire of Ireland wrote:Preamble: We the Nations of the World Alliance will not stand for piracy and all crimes of theft, murder, and mutiny on the high seas.
 
Section 1:Definition of Piracy
Clause 1: The WA legally defines piracy as, "the blatant and illegal taking of goods, persons, property, or vessels on the high seas."
 
Section 2: Piracy during Peace Time
1. Piracy is and always will be immoral, cowardly, and illegal in the World Alliance
2. Piracy committed by Para Military Organizations upon public or private property is reprehensible and will be illegal in the World Alliance.
3. Piracy committed by another nation towards public or private property is illegal
4. Piracy should never be tolerated in the civilized world
 
Section 3: Punishment
1. If persons of a para military or private organization is found guilty of piracy and are caught by a sovereign nation they will be held accountable within the law of that nation.
2. If persons of a para military or private organization is found guilty of piracy and are caught by a organization that is directly under the control of the WA Council or WA Parliament they will face sentencing by the Court of Justice
3.If a nation is found guilty of piracy in a time of peace it will be subjected to sentencing by the Court of Justice
 
Section 4: Enforcement
1. With piracy on the rise the WA Parliament asks the nations of the World Alliance to enforce these laws.

2. The Parliament also asks multi national organizations like the WAPF and the IFTA to patrol and enforce the rule of law on the seas.

Originally Authored by The Empire of Great Eurussia
Edited and reintroduced by: The Empire of Ireland

Did Eurussia really originally authored this? Anyways we propose the following amendments to the author:
1) All words "high seas" shall be replaced with the word "international seas" as it has been defined properly under the WA Territorial Waters Act.
2) We also move to remove the WAPF (obsolete) and IFTA from the authorized enforcers of the law and leave the responsibility to the new WADSJ.
3) Also, we move to change the title of the proposal into "WA Anti-Piracy Act" to show the purpose of the law.
If these are addressed, Eurussia will support the proposal.
I have addressed the amendments
avatar
Ireland
Recognized Power

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 17
Location : Macon, Georgia, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Arveyres on Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 pm

We request a clarification on the term international seas,; does this refer to all areas of water that are at least 3000km from any territorial claim?
avatar
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 18
Location : Saint Paul, MN, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Great Eurussia on Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:

I have addressed the amendments

Thank you. Eurussia fully supports the proposal. We commend Ireland for leading global efforts in fighting piracy.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Great Eurussia on Sun May 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Arveyres wrote:We request a clarification on the term international seas,; does this refer to all areas of water that are at least 3000km from any territorial claim?

No, the 3,000km is your territorial waters and beyond that is already international seas.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Arveyres on Sun May 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Arveyres wrote:We request a clarification on the term international seas,; does this refer to all areas of water that are at least 3000km from any territorial claim?

No, the 3,000km is your territorial waters and beyond that is already international seas.
Thank you.

We support this proposal.
avatar
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 18
Location : Saint Paul, MN, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Kaevi on Sun May 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Arveyres wrote:We support this proposal.

Will you be present for the final vote? I can only count your support vote at that point.

Remember parliament, we now need at least 11 votes total during the official voting period in order to pass a proposal.
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Ireland on Sun May 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Kaevi wrote:
Arveyres wrote:We support this proposal.

Will you be present for the final vote? I can only count your support vote at that point.

Remember parliament, we now need at least 11 votes total during the official voting period in order to pass a proposal.
well someone needs to message all the MPs than.
avatar
Ireland
Recognized Power

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 17
Location : Macon, Georgia, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Ireland on Sun May 11, 2014 12:41 pm

ill do it
avatar
Ireland
Recognized Power

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 17
Location : Macon, Georgia, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Kaevi on Sun May 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Great Empire of Ireland wrote:Well someone needs to message all the MPs than.

I have been PM'ing selected sets of MPs over the past few days, but that method seems to be ineffective thus far. (OOC: We may need a NationStates telegram blast.)

Anyway, back to the debate regarding the WA Anti-Piracy Act!
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Arveyres on Sun May 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Kaevi wrote:
Arveyres wrote:We support this proposal.

Will you be present for the final vote? I can only count your support vote at that point.

Remember parliament, we now need at least 11 votes total during the official voting period in order to pass a proposal.
Yes, we will be present.
avatar
Arveyres
Potential World Power

Posts : 637
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 18
Location : Saint Paul, MN, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=holy_patrician_states

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Great Eurussia on Sun May 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Kaevi wrote:
Great Empire of Ireland wrote:Well someone needs to message all the MPs than.

I have been PM'ing selected sets of MPs over the past few days, but that method seems to be ineffective thus far. (OOC: We may need a NationStates telegram blast.)

Anyway, back to the debate regarding the WA Anti-Piracy Act!

Well I suggest doing only TG's at the beginning of the voting period since debates will only happen of they are interested on the proposal. But in anyway, it is the duty of the author to make his proposal pass, but if the Speaker wishes to ensure activity in Parliament, then good.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  New Tarajan on Mon May 12, 2014 9:07 am

New Tarajan commends the proposal made by the Irish Government in fighting piracy.
We fully support the bill.
avatar
New Tarajan
Recognized Power

Posts : 1340
Join date : 2013-06-23
Location : Rome, Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Talanzaar on Mon May 12, 2014 9:43 am

Talanzaar commends Ireland for creating a good bill and supports this bill
avatar
Talanzaar
Recognized State

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Texania on Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am

I support this bill.
avatar
Texania
Potential World Power

Posts : 641
Join date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Dromoda on Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 pm

People's Congress vote's Yes
avatar
Dromoda
Potential World Power

Posts : 783
Join date : 2013-02-06
Age : 21
Location : Kyongdong,Chengdao, Dromoda

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  New-Zealand on Mon May 12, 2014 5:32 pm

The Social Democracy votes YES
avatar
New-Zealand
Emerging Power

Posts : 973
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : New Zealand

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=new-zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Marquette (of Pacific) on Mon May 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Marquette does not think it is necessary to pass this type of legislation in our international body of government. Any nation who has an issue with piracy will already have passed legislation to stop it.

It is also our belief that, if the acts of piracy occur within a nation's waters, it is under their jurisdiction in the first place.

However, since we like what this bill is trying to achieve, the Constitutional Monarchy of Marquette of Pacific hereby respectfully ABSTAINS from voting.
avatar
Marquette (of Pacific)
Potential World Power

Posts : 597
Join date : 2013-04-16
Age : 18
Location : Snowy Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Great Eurussia on Mon May 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Marquette does not think it is necessary to pass this type of legislation in our international body of government. Any nation who has an issue with piracy will already have passed legislation to stop it.

It is also our belief that, if the acts of piracy occur within a nation's waters, it is under their jurisdiction in the first place.

However, since we like what this bill is trying to achieve, the Constitutional Monarchy of Marquette of Pacific hereby respectfully ABSTAINS from voting.

We would like to clarify that the proposal covers INTERNATIONAL WATERS. That if nations have laws over their territorial waters, the WA Government is only appointing the WADSJ to enforce this policy in international waters.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Ireland on Tue May 13, 2014 4:55 am

Marquette (of Pacific) wrote:Marquette does not think it is necessary to pass this type of legislation in our international body of government. Any nation who has an issue with piracy will already have passed legislation to stop it.

It is also our belief that, if the acts of piracy occur within a nation's waters, it is under their jurisdiction in the first place.

However, since we like what this bill is trying to achieve, the Constitutional Monarchy of Marquette of Pacific hereby respectfully ABSTAINS from voting.
Yes indeed this does include international waters. A nation has no jurisdiction over international waters or anything that happens in them. But we respect your decision either way.
avatar
Ireland
Recognized Power

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 17
Location : Macon, Georgia, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Final Vote

Post  Kaevi on Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 am

The first debate term has expired and the voting period will now begin. It shall end at 00:00 GMT on May 17, 2014. All parliament members are encouraged to voice their final vote of either agree, abstain, or against within the three day voting period.
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Kaevi on Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 am

AGREE
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Ireland on Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 am

For
avatar
Ireland
Recognized Power

Posts : 1327
Join date : 2013-12-01
Age : 17
Location : Macon, Georgia, USA

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_empire_of_ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: (Passed) WA Anti-Piracy Act

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum