WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shall the WA open for inter-regional politics?

30% 30% 
[ 3 ]
50% 50% 
[ 5 ]
20% 20% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 10

WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Great Eurussia on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:26 am

WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

It has been since our foundation that the region has focused on its development inside itself. RP speaking, we are doing fine and improving. OOC speaking, particularly regional administration, we are good as well and running smoothly. Everything is in order and improving.
As the Founder, I am raising this issue now, since in the past few days, weeks and even months, the World Alliance has been growing its influence outside the region beyond the knowledge of its members and residents. I, myself, has been receiving lots and lots of requests for inter-regional cooperation, inter-regional relations, inter-regional alliance or partnership, but my answer is always refer them to the elected WA Government.

ISSUES:
1) How are we going to adopt this?
2) How would the WA Government manage it?

Please share your views!
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Kaevi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 am

1) How are we going to adopt this?

Someone could propose an act to the parliament that would create the "Inter-Regional Commission" to manage such affairs, including the creation of the "Messenger General" and a number of associate commissioners he/she would work with. The Messenger General would receive telegrams from the other region (either by notice on the regional factbook or forwarded from whoever recieved the message), bring the TG to the associate commissioners for a vote on the matter, be checked by the CoJ, and report back to the other region with the verdict (and the Founder if he/she feels necessary).

2) How would the WA Government manage it?

The Inter-Regional Commission would need to cooperate with the council and parliament to ensure the safety of the region from invasion (but given that the WA Delegate is non-executive this may not be too much of an issue) and seek legal approval for matters that have an impact on the WA members. The Inter-Regional Commission's power would be checked by regular audits from the CoJ and perhaps the IRC's decisions would be allocated into blocks that would be periodically checked by the CoJ before going into effect.

While I believe that the WA should expand its influence as a way to get more people involved, this needs to be considered very carefully as it could be damaging to the region's sense of community if not handled correctly.
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Great Eurussia on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Kaevi wrote:1) How are we going to adopt this?

Someone could propose an act to the parliament that would create the "Inter-Regional Commission" to manage such affairs, including the creation of the "Messenger General" and a number of associate commissioners he/she would work with. The Messenger General would receive telegrams from the other region (either by notice on the regional factbook or forwarded from whoever recieved the message), bring the TG to the associate commissioners for a vote on the matter, be checked by the CoJ, and report back to the other region with the verdict (and the Founder if he/she feels necessary).

2) How would the WA Government manage it?

The Inter-Regional Commission would need to cooperate with the council and parliament to ensure the safety of the region from invasion (but given that the WA Delegate is non-executive this may not be too much of an issue) and seek legal approval for matters that have an impact on the WA members. The Inter-Regional Commission's power would be checked by regular audits from the CoJ and perhaps the IRC's decisions would be allocated into blocks that would be periodically checked by the CoJ before going into effect.

While I believe that the WA should expand its influence as a way to get more people involved, this needs to be considered very carefully as it could be damaging to the region's sense of community if not handled correctly.

Indeed! This is a great idea, at least we have a special body to handle these kind of affairs! Although this doesn't require to much activeness, at the very least, someone or a group of nations may discuss and attend to this.
Would you do the honor to propose this in Parliament?
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Kaevi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Very well, I may propose such an act. By the way, what happens now that at least four parliament members have left? Does the minimum of eleven votes remain in effect or do we now need nine votes?
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Great Eurussia on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Kaevi wrote:Very well, I may propose such an act. By the way, what happens now that at least four parliament members have left? Does the minimum of eleven votes remain in effect or do we now need nine votes?

Yes of course. It is the duty of those Parties affected to fill up their allotted seats. I will support your proposal and it seems at the poll, the region likes this!
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Kaevi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
Kaevi wrote:Very well, I may propose such an act. By the way, what happens now that at least four parliament members have left? Does the minimum of eleven votes remain in effect or do we now need nine votes?

Yes of course. It is the duty of those Parties affected to fill up their allotted seats. I will support your proposal and it seems at the poll, the region likes this!

Very well and hopefully this proposal will pass. What inter-regional affairs should this commission handle? I currently have it as follows:
"...is to manage inquiries, RP trade, RP research agreements, RP peaceful declarations, and to respond to the region’s foreign administrator."
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Great Eurussia on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Nooo! This is better discussed on the other thread, the WA FOR INTER-REGIONAL ROLEPLAY. But may be the proposed Commission may handle such are as well. But for the mean time our focus is non-RP.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Kaevi on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:05 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Nooo! This is better discussed on the other thread, the WA FOR INTER-REGIONAL ROLEPLAY. But may be the proposed Commission may handle such are as well. But for the mean time our focus is non-RP.

...is to manage inquiries, assist in establishing embassies, keep a public journal of activities, guide foreign ambassadors, and to respond to a region’s foreign administrator.

So is this more along the lines of what you think is best for inter-regional politics?
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Great Eurussia on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:39 am

Kaevi wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Nooo! This is better discussed on the other thread, the WA FOR INTER-REGIONAL ROLEPLAY. But may be the proposed Commission may handle such are as well. But for the mean time our focus is non-RP.

...is to manage inquiries, assist in establishing embassies, keep a public journal of activities, guide foreign ambassadors, and to respond to a region’s foreign administrator.

So is this more along the lines of what you think is best for inter-regional politics?

How about when other region asks for alliance? assistance? Support to the World Assembly?
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Kaevi on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:44 am

Great Eurussia wrote:
Kaevi wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Nooo! This is better discussed on the other thread, the WA FOR INTER-REGIONAL ROLEPLAY. But may be the proposed Commission may handle such are as well. But for the mean time our focus is non-RP.

...is to manage inquiries, assist in establishing embassies, keep a public journal of activities, guide foreign ambassadors, and to respond to a region’s foreign administrator.

So is this more along the lines of what you think is best for inter-regional politics?

How about when other region asks for alliance? assistance? Support to the World Assembly?

Alright, I'll add that in. I may propose this within the next few moments so the parliament can break this down.
avatar
Kaevi
Powerbroker

Posts : 220
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Alabama, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Great Eurussia on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:05 am

Kaevi wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Kaevi wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
Nooo! This is better discussed on the other thread, the WA FOR INTER-REGIONAL ROLEPLAY. But may be the proposed Commission may handle such are as well. But for the mean time our focus is non-RP.

...is to manage inquiries, assist in establishing embassies, keep a public journal of activities, guide foreign ambassadors, and to respond to a region’s foreign administrator.

So is this more along the lines of what you think is best for inter-regional politics?

How about when other region asks for alliance? assistance? Support to the World Assembly?

Alright, I'll add that in. I may propose this within the next few moments so the parliament can break this down.

Sure!
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: WA for Inter-Regional Politics?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum