Regional Recruitment Program

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:10 am

The international news in this region is a bit empty in my opinion. An influx of new nations would make it a lot more interesting and fun to read. Also, through alliances and treaties, a bunch of new nations might be able to even out the political landscape. Currently it seems to be dominated by 3 or 4 veterans. A more equal distribution of power could lead to more interesting scenarios arising in the global politics. This does not even necessarily call for recruiting new nations, either. There are plenty of nations in the region that are active on nationstates, but not on the forums, maybe we could promote the forums and roleplaying a bit more?

If someone capable of sending out mass telegrams for recruitment(I don't really understand how) doesn't want to write a recruitment letter, I would be glad to write one. I'm sure other people in favor of this idea would be too.


Last edited by Xolox on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 am

As the author of the proposal, Xolox supports its passage.
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Zanland on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Zanland supports Xolox in this plan.
avatar
Zanland
Emerging Powerbroker

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-09-05
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Great Eurussia on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Xolox wrote:The international news in this region is a bit empty in my opinion. An influx of new nations would make it a lot more interesting and fun to read. Also, through alliances and treaties, a bunch of new nations might be able to even out the political landscape. Currently it seems to be dominated by 3 or 4 veterans. A more equal distribution of power could lead to more interesting scenarios arising in the global politics. This does not even necessarily call for recruiting new nations, either. There are plenty of nations in the region that are active on nationstates, but not on the forums, maybe we could promote the forums and roleplaying a bit more?

If someone capable of sending out mass telegrams for recruitment(I don't really understand how) doesn't want to write a recruitment letter, I would be glad to write one. I'm sure other people in favor of this idea would be too.

How do you plan to do this? Can you help us understand your proposal better?
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Great Eurussia wrote:
How do you plan to do this? Can you help us understand your proposal better?

This post assumes there isn't already some mass recruitment telegram program, because not very many active nations join every day. If there isn't one, I propose we start one. I don't understand how they work, or I'm allowed to send them out,but I certainly will if I can.

Also, a small-time campaign by the founder & president of the security council in the RMB would probably interest a few of the nations already residing in the world alliance to check out the forums. I think as is, if countries don't come to the region looking for roleplay, that aspect of the region could be easily overlooked.
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Empire of Articmainia on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Articmainia Supports Xolox plan for a recruitment
avatar
Empire of Articmainia
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 397
Join date : 2013-04-08
Age : 18
Location : New orleans USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Great Eurussia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Xolox wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:
How do you plan to do this? Can you help us understand your proposal better?

This post assumes there isn't already some mass recruitment telegram program, because not very many active nations join every day. If there isn't one, I propose we start one. I don't understand how they work, or I'm allowed to send them out,but I certainly will if I can.

Also, a small-time campaign by the founder & president of the security council in the RMB would probably interest a few of the nations already residing in the world alliance to check out the forums. I think as is, if countries don't come to the region looking for roleplay, that aspect of the region could be easily overlooked.

Would you wish to be considered as the Recruitment Officer of the World Alliance? You may compose the recruitment messages and post it here for deliberation.

Then, the Founder will just forward it to the region?
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:33 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Would you wish to be considered as the Recruitment Officer of the World Alliance? You may compose the recruitment messages and post it here for deliberation.
Then, the Founder will just forward it to the region?

Yeah, I'd be fine with being a recruitment officer.(I looked up about the recruitment stuff and stamps) Later,(I guess if this passes) I'll write a letter for new recruits, possibly separate ones for new nations and for nations being revived, and I'll leave them up for debate before I send them out. I think we should place more priority on older nations. Then you can write a letter to veterans of the region, inviting them to join the roleplay. That would probably only need to be sent once after this passes, as opposed to recruitment letters that would need to be sent periodically.
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  South Macwick on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:45 pm

There are two ways of sending out recruitment messages:

The NS way which I think costs $1 per 1000 messages and I think it is automatic once set up until you run out of stamps. I think only the founder and WA delegate can send them.

The NS ++ way which is free but there needs to be a nation online to send the message in the background, but more than one nation can be counted, so a rota could be set up. Messages are sent out I think at half the speed of the NS way.

(About 20% are actually read, 30% are never received and success is less than 1%, but all big regions do it.)

Xolox is correct there should be separate messages for new nations and those being resurrected. Also a third one would be needed if messages were sent to those recently rejected from a region.
avatar
South Macwick
Recognized State

Posts : 41
Join date : 2014-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Great Eurussia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:08 am

South Macwick wrote:There are two ways of sending out recruitment messages:

The NS way which I think costs $1 per 1000 messages and I think it is automatic once set up until you run out of stamps. I think only the founder and WA delegate can send them.

The NS ++ way which is free but there needs to be a nation online to send the message in the background, but more than one nation can be counted, so a rota could be set up. Messages are sent out I think at half the speed of the NS way.

(About 20% are actually read, 30% are never received and success is less than 1%, but all big regions do it.)

Xolox is correct there should be separate messages for new nations and those being resurrected. Also a third one would be needed if messages were sent to those recently rejected from a region.

Thanks!
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Great Eurussia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:11 am

Xolox wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Would you wish to be considered as the Recruitment Officer of the World Alliance? You may compose the recruitment messages and post it here for deliberation.
Then, the Founder will just forward it to the region?

Yeah, I'd be fine with being a recruitment officer.(I looked up about the recruitment stuff and stamps) Later,(I guess if this passes) I'll write a letter for new recruits, possibly separate ones for new nations and for nations being revived, and I'll leave them up for debate before I send them out. I think we should place more priority on older nations. Then you can write a letter to veterans of the region, inviting them to join the roleplay. That would probably only need to be sent once after this passes, as opposed to recruitment letters that would need to be sent periodically.

Indeed and great. On the note, you shall then become the Recruitment Officer or to make it more appropriate and formal, you'll become the WA Development Officer?

On the note of creating recruitment letters, we do have an existing welcome TG for new nations in the regiom by default. I will send them to you via TG once you accept your appointment as WA Development Officer.

And for further plans on Recruitment Programs, feel free to use thread for that purpose. I will change the title of the thread appropriately.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 am

Great Eurussia wrote:

Indeed and great. On the note, you shall then become the Recruitment Officer or to make it more appropriate and formal, you'll become the WA Development Officer?
On the note of creating recruitment letters, we do have an existing welcome TG for new nations in the regiom by default. I will send them to you via TG once you accept your appointment as WA Development Officer.
And for further plans on Recruitment Programs, feel free to use thread for that purpose. I will change the title of the thread appropriately.

Alright. We just need 4 more votes, and 3 if you support.
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Great Eurussia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Xolox wrote:
Great Eurussia wrote:

Indeed and great. On the note, you shall then become the Recruitment Officer or to make it more appropriate and formal, you'll become the WA Development Officer?
On the note of creating recruitment letters, we do have an existing welcome TG for new nations in the regiom by default. I will send them to you via TG once you accept your appointment as WA Development Officer.
And for further plans on Recruitment Programs, feel free to use thread for that purpose. I will change the title of the thread appropriately.

Alright. We just need 4 more votes, and 3 if you support.

I believe we need no votes as this is only a discussion thread and not a full pledge proposal worthy to be considered as a law at the moment. I would consider the statement of support of our colleagues as a sign of their interest towards your initiative of increased recruitment drive towards our RP and population...
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Appointment

Post  Great Eurussia on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:12 am

The Founder hereby appoints and nominates XOLOX, as our,

World Alliance Development Officer


Thank you.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:46 am

Sorry I ignored this for so long, didn't feel like writing a recruitment letter.

How is this for the newly founded nations?

Welcome to Nationstates, @nation! I am the Development Officer and Delegate of the World Alliance, and I'd like to tell you why you should join us!

•We've got our own offsite forums, where roleplay and casual talk is available.
•The regional government is currently going through a period of reform, and if you join now, you could possibly get involved in it!
•We're currently home to 190+ nations!
•The regional chat is active without being overwhelming
•People new to roleplay are welcome to develop their skills in our forums!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything else to add or change?
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  New Rhodinia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:01 am

Psychology is kicking in...

It goes a little too "to-the-point". Remember, we're most likely talking to newly created nations, people who haven't heard of NS before and need a helping hand. Talk to them as if they were your friend. I used to write a number of recruitment letters for another region I was a part of. Check it out for some ideas.

Hello, %NATION%!

Do you value community? Roleplaying with others? Anime? If you've said yes to any of these questions, then the %REGION% might just be your best bet for a region! (A region is essentially the Nation States equivalent of a clan, or a guild)

Now, I'm sure you've heard that these messages are nothing more then senseless and copy-paste recruitment telegrams, but let me assure you that I'm writing this from the heart - and let me tell you right now:

We could use fresh new nations such as yourself.

We are in the process of revitalizing our region and would greatly appreciate it if you would come and be apart of it. As of now, I am personally getting together an RP for us to participate in, plus many more in the future. But it won't get far without your support!

If you have any questions, please contact The Empire of Muzztopia, The Hegemony of Aravea, or me, The Empire of New Rhodinia!

Of course, some pockets of it were specific to our region, but I gave specific information and a little snippit about myself.

Not to humblebrag or anything. Shocked
avatar
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 324
Join date : 2014-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Xolox on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:14 am

Spoiler:
New Rhodinia wrote:Psychology is kicking in...

It goes a little too "to-the-point". Remember, we're most likely talking to newly created nations, people who haven't heard of NS before and need a helping hand. Talk to them as if they were your friend. I used to write a number of recruitment letters for another region I was a part of. Check it out for some ideas.

Hello, %NATION%!

Do you value community? Roleplaying with others? Anime? If you've said yes to any of these questions, then the %REGION% might just be your best bet for a region! (A region is essentially the Nation States equivalent of a clan, or a guild)

Now, I'm sure you've heard that these messages are nothing more then senseless and copy-paste recruitment telegrams, but let me assure you that I'm writing this from the heart - and let me tell you right now:

We could use fresh new nations such as yourself.

We are in the process of revitalizing our region and would greatly appreciate it if you would come and be apart of it. As of now, I am personally getting together an RP for us to participate in, plus many more in the future. But it won't get far without your support!

If you have any questions, please contact The Empire of Muzztopia, The Hegemony of Aravea, or me, The Empire of New Rhodinia!

Of course, some pockets of it were specific to our region, but I gave specific information and a little snippit about myself.

Not to humblebrag or anything. Shocked

Alright! Thanks! I haven't written one of these before and I'm kind of getting writer's block. I'll try doing a more detailed one later.
avatar
Xolox
Regional Power

Posts : 470
Join date : 2014-09-04
Age : 19
Location : Florida

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=xolox

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Great Eurussia on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:41 pm

I prefer a brief but concise recruitment message since it is very usual that lots of regions have automated recruitment systems which contains messages that are very very long :-D
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: Regional Recruitment Program

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum