(Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:23 pm

With clear admittance to being devoted to being neutral in all matters, the Scottish Republic, or Scottlands, is harming the legislative process of the WA's Governing Body, the World Alliance Security Council. I've received multiple complaints from members of the WA and I feel it's time to take action. As such, I feel it necessary to remove Scottlands from the WASC with the help of fellow WASC members, citing Section 2 of the "World Alliance Security Council Act".

This resolution may now be debated and voted on for 5 days.


Last edited by UnitedStatesOfScouting on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Posts : 970
Join date : 2014-11-03

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:23 pm

As Author, we are in Favor.
avatar
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Posts : 970
Join date : 2014-11-03

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  New Rhodinia on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:27 pm

I understand that Scottlands is trying to keep up with its neutral status quo here, but there's always a time when you have to make a solid, reasonable decision. The majority of votes that they've made only consist of a single vote and unfortunately, recent votes don't fill the holes either. Instead of one option, it's two: "Seeing the good intentions" and a favor vote or a simple abstain.

It feels harsh to say it, but I'm in favor.
avatar
New Rhodinia
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 324
Join date : 2014-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  DPRNK on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 pm

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With clear admittance to being devoted to being neutral in all matters, the Scottish Republic, or Scottlands, is harming the legislative process of the WA's Governing Body, the World Alliance Security Council. I've received multiple complaints from members of the WA and I feel it's time to take action. As such, I feel it necessary to remove Scottlands from the WASC with the help of fellow WASC members, citing Section 2 of the "World Alliance Security Council Act".

This resolution may now be debated and voted on for 5 days.


Can I know more about these because I cannot decide what vote should I make.
avatar
DPRNK
Regional Power

Posts : 419
Join date : 2014-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Republic of New Korrea wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With clear admittance to being devoted to being neutral in all matters, the Scottish Republic, or Scottlands, is harming the legislative process of the WA's Governing Body, the World Alliance Security Council. I've received multiple complaints from members of the WA and I feel it's time to take action. As such, I feel it necessary to remove Scottlands from the WASC with the help of fellow WASC members, citing Section 2 of the "World Alliance Security Council Act".

This resolution may now be debated and voted on for 5 days.


Can I know more about these because I cannot decide what vote should I make.

Here are Scottlands recent votes:

Amend WA Accountability Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain

WA Roleplaying Act Amendment

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

Compulsory Arbitration of Xolox

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain.

WASC Secondary Seats Act

Scottish Republic wrote:The Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

WA Resolution Voting Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is abstaining.

Amend WA Accountability Act (First Version)

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain. I'm undecided though


The majority of Scottish Republic's, Scottlands, votes are abstentions, or favors because of the "good intentions of the proposal". This is damaging to the legislation as every abstention currently counts against the final tally, which harms the capabilities of the WASC to be able to carry out their duty of making legislature. Even though Scottlands intends to be neutral to all issues, he's really harming the process here. If you cannot make decisions, you shouldn't be in a governing body.
avatar
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Posts : 970
Join date : 2014-11-03

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Ebsotz on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:48 am

What I am saying right now is going to be harsh to myself. But we are sad to say that I am in favor.
avatar
Ebsotz
Powerbroker

Posts : 297
Join date : 2014-10-07
Location : Southern California

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ebsotz

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:25 am

UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Republic of New Korrea wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With clear admittance to being devoted to being neutral in all matters, the Scottish Republic, or Scottlands, is harming the legislative process of the WA's Governing Body, the World Alliance Security Council. I've received multiple complaints from members of the WA and I feel it's time to take action. As such, I feel it necessary to remove Scottlands from the WASC with the help of fellow WASC members, citing Section 2 of the "World Alliance Security Council Act".

This resolution may now be debated and voted on for 5 days.


Can I know more about these because I cannot decide what vote should I make.

Here are Scottlands recent votes:

Amend WA Accountability Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain

WA Roleplaying Act Amendment

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

Compulsory Arbitration of Xolox

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain.

WASC Secondary Seats Act

Scottish Republic wrote:The Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

WA Resolution Voting Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is abstaining.

Amend WA Accountability Act (First Version)

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain. I'm undecided though


The majority of Scottish Republic's, Scottlands, votes are abstentions, or favors because of the "good intentions of the proposal". This is damaging to the legislation as every abstention currently counts against the final tally, which harms the capabilities of the WASC to be able to carry out their duty of making legislature. Even though Scottlands intends to be neutral to all issues, he's really harming the process here. If you cannot make decisions, you shouldn't be in a governing body.


Why remove the Scottish Republic just because of our votes? Why not remove those nations that are not voting all the time? Why Scouting is targetting Scottlands just because we blew the whistle on its plans to dominate the Security Council? Why not be contented you got the Vice Presideny and now try to eject not aligned with you? Do not justify and use as a pretext our abstentions to get us removed. All members have the right to vote as they please and we have our reasons.


I suggest you pass a law banning abstentions rather than making reform excuses to justify kicking out members not supportive of you!
avatar
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 314
Join date : 2014-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Kingdom of Ireland on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Scottish Republic wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Republic of New Korrea wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With clear admittance to being devoted to being neutral in all matters, the Scottish Republic, or Scottlands, is harming the legislative process of the WA's Governing Body, the World Alliance Security Council. I've received multiple complaints from members of the WA and I feel it's time to take action. As such, I feel it necessary to remove Scottlands from the WASC with the help of fellow WASC members, citing Section 2 of the "World Alliance Security Council Act".

This resolution may now be debated and voted on for 5 days.


Can I know more about these because I cannot decide what vote should I make.

Here are Scottlands recent votes:

Amend WA Accountability Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain

WA Roleplaying Act Amendment

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

Compulsory Arbitration of Xolox

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain.

WASC Secondary Seats Act

Scottish Republic wrote:The Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

WA Resolution Voting Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is abstaining.

Amend WA Accountability Act (First Version)

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain. I'm undecided though


The majority of Scottish Republic's, Scottlands, votes are abstentions, or favors because of the "good intentions of the proposal". This is damaging to the legislation as every abstention currently counts against the final tally, which harms the capabilities of the WASC to be able to carry out their duty of making legislature. Even though Scottlands intends to be neutral to all issues, he's really harming the process here. If you cannot make decisions, you shouldn't be in a governing body.


Why remove the Scottish Republic just because of our votes? Why not remove those nations that are not voting all the time? Why Scouting is targetting Scottlands just because we blew the whistle on its plans to dominate the Security Council? Why not be contented you got the Vice Presideny and now try to eject not aligned with you? Do not justify and use as a pretext our abstentions to get us removed. All members have the right to vote as they please and we have our reasons.


I suggest you pass a law banning abstentions rather than making reform excuses to justify kicking out members not supportive of you!

Well if we proposed a law banning abstentions you would just abstain. That's all you do.

We tried to dismiss the members that don't vote. But wait what did you do? Abstain.

With that said we are in favor.
avatar
Kingdom of Ireland
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 387
Join date : 2014-09-06
Age : 17
Location : Georgia,USA

Back to top Go down

Eurussian Vote

Post  Great Eurussia on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:30 pm

Scottish Republic wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:
Republic of New Korrea wrote:
UnitedStatesOfScouting wrote:With clear admittance to being devoted to being neutral in all matters, the Scottish Republic, or Scottlands, is harming the legislative process of the WA's Governing Body, the World Alliance Security Council. I've received multiple complaints from members of the WA and I feel it's time to take action. As such, I feel it necessary to remove Scottlands from the WASC with the help of fellow WASC members, citing Section 2 of the "World Alliance Security Council Act".

This resolution may now be debated and voted on for 5 days.


Can I know more about these because I cannot decide what vote should I make.

Here are Scottlands recent votes:

Amend WA Accountability Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain

WA Roleplaying Act Amendment

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

Compulsory Arbitration of Xolox

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain.

WASC Secondary Seats Act

Scottish Republic wrote:The Scottish Republic is a neutral country. But seeing the good intention of the proposal, I am in favour.

WA Resolution Voting Act

Scottish Republic wrote:Scottish Republic is abstaining.

Amend WA Accountability Act (First Version)

Scottish Republic wrote:Abstain. I'm undecided though


The majority of Scottish Republic's, Scottlands, votes are abstentions, or favors because of the "good intentions of the proposal". This is damaging to the legislation as every abstention currently counts against the final tally, which harms the capabilities of the WASC to be able to carry out their duty of making legislature. Even though Scottlands intends to be neutral to all issues, he's really harming the process here. If you cannot make decisions, you shouldn't be in a governing body.


Why remove the Scottish Republic just because of our votes? Why not remove those nations that are not voting all the time? Why Scouting is targetting Scottlands just because we blew the whistle on its plans to dominate the Security Council? Why not be contented you got the Vice Presideny and now try to eject not aligned with you? Do not justify and use as a pretext our abstentions to get us removed. All members have the right to vote as they please and we have our reasons.


I suggest you pass a law banning abstentions rather than making reform excuses to justify kicking out members not supportive of you!

Eurussia raises the following points:

1) Our government believes that the individual votes of each member state of the Security Council shall not be the sole or at the very least a ground for a member's removal from the Security Council.

2) If we allow this bad precedent in our international norm, we can easily ask for the removal of each member state of the Security Council just believing or much worst assume that they are not supportive of our actions and proposals or whatsoever.

3) We believe that all member states of the SC enjoy all the rights and privileges of exercising their votes as they please, unless otherwise violative of any existing law. This remains our perpetual belief enjoyed by all member states of the SC.

4) We believe that member states of the SC shall fight each others' votes based on beliefs and principles and not on the basis of the votes themselves. Or assume in behalf of another country's reasoning for a vote.

5) Thus, the success of a proposal in the Security Council is based on the proponent/s capability to convince, fight, influence, politicize other member states to get their support or backing for every proposal and not just the vote of a single member state without any factual basis.

6) We should also not forget that the Security Council is not just an executive, legislative, and judicial organ. It is also a political entity composed of several nation states with different or even competing interests.

Therefore, the Eurussian Government strongly believes that the Security Council should uphold its integrity and capability and not succumb to this politically motivated motion. Please do note that we are not refering directly to any nation state nor simply defending the involved state but rather continuously upholding and promoting what is necessary for the best interests of all.

Hence, Eurussia is against the motion.
avatar
Great Eurussia
Superpower

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2013-02-04

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=great_eurussia

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Muchos Estados Unidos on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 am

I abstain
avatar
Muchos Estados Unidos
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 391
Join date : 2014-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  DPRNK on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 am

Eurussian is absolutely correct. Why blame countries because proposals failed? That is wrong. So I am against.
avatar
DPRNK
Regional Power

Posts : 419
Join date : 2014-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Zanland on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 am

against
avatar
Zanland
Emerging Powerbroker

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-09-05
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Serenarea on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:30 am

Serenarea is completely AGAINST this proposal.
avatar
Serenarea
Powerbroker

Posts : 179
Join date : 2014-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Kingdom of Scottlands on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:37 am

Thank you everyone. We should learn to stand up for our interests. This is just too much. Most of the proposals here in this council is more on removing nations rather than worthy ones! Since Scouting ever got his seat on the WASC he started his quest to removing members against him and using all sorts of excuses. This should stop.
avatar
Kingdom of Scottlands
Emerging Regional Power

Posts : 314
Join date : 2014-10-07

Back to top Go down

NOTICE

Post  UnitedStatesOfScouting on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:42 am

Scottish Republic wrote:Thank you everyone. We should learn to stand up for our interests. This is just too much. Most of the proposals here in this council is more on removing nations rather than worthy ones! Since Scouting ever got his seat on the WASC he started his quest to removing members against him and using all sorts of excuses. This should stop.

Scouting commends your quest to standing up for what you and your people, as well as your constituents agree on. We're happy to drop the resolution against you, should you start taking WASC matters seriously.

Therefore, this resolution is hereby, Dismissed.
avatar
UnitedStatesOfScouting
Emerging Power

Posts : 970
Join date : 2014-11-03

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=scouting

Back to top Go down

Re: (Dismissed) Request to Dismiss Scottlands

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum